Some day we might be able to encounter aliens in space! Imagine that you have been asked to travel to a new planet to teach the aliens there about Islam. The problem is...it might take a long time to get there.
Your task is to create a space exploration machine that is advanced enough to get you to outer space faster than any rocket. It also has to carry lots of Quran books and prayer mats to show the aliens what Islam is about, so it has to be able to fit a lot of stuff. You might even decide to take building materials for a mosque! How do you do it?
Learning aims: Introduction to space exploration technology, creative thinking, consideration of positive impact and change through technology, design skills.
You'll need: Youtube, Pen and paper, Lego Bricks.
Let's Get Started!
1. Watch these videos to get an idea about what technologies are being created to make space travel easier!
2. Imagine your space exploration machine of the future. What does it look like, and how does it work? Remember, it has to fit all your stuff but still travel really fast!
3. Sketch your machine and color it in!
4. Build a model of your space exploration machine using Lego bricks
5. Email a photo of your finished activity to email@example.com! The Islam Imagined community would love to see your work!