invent with al-jazari
Did you know that one of the first inventors in history was a Muslim called al-Jazari? That's right, and he was the first person to think about how robot technology might work! Because of him and his ideas, we're able to have important tools today, like cameras and clocks!
Al-Jazari used his imagination to think of cool new things that people could use to make their lives easier and more enjoyable. Your task is to learn about this amazing inventor and construct your very own invention that could similarly help people.
Learning Aims: Introduction to the design process, introduction to robotic technologies and their history, problem solving skills, design skills.
You’ll Need: Pen and paper, YouTube.
Let's Get Started!
1. Watch these exciting videos to learn about al-Jazari, and also about how modern robotics work!
2. Think about one thing that people could really use to help them everyday - something that doesn't already exist. Write down your ideas and choose your favourite.
3. Al-Jazari had a method to make all his creations function properly. Think about the technology behind your invention - how will it work?
4. Make a sketch of your invention, and label it to show & share with everyone
5. Email your finished activity to email@example.com - we'd love to see what you've created.